CANJ: Atlantic City Casinos Reaffirm Commitment to Giving Back to the Community and Employees this Holiday Season
“With the holiday season well underway, the Atlantic City casinos are dedicated to giving back to the community we serve"
December 19, 2023
Atlantic City, NJ (December 19, 2023) – As December marks National Giving Month, the Atlantic City casino industry is giving back this holiday season, reaffirming its commitment to the community and employees. From donating to worthy causes to team members volunteering their time to local charities, each casino is finding unique ways to give back to the community.
“With the holiday season well underway, the Atlantic City casinos are dedicated to giving back to the community we serve,” said Mark Giannantonio, president of the Casino Association of New Jersey. “The casino industry and our employees are always focused on donating their time and resources to worthy causes, and this time of year gives us so many opportunities to support those in need. As one of the largest employers in South Jersey, we understand how vital it is for us to play a leading role in supporting those in need through financial support, food support and volunteerism.”
Here is just a sampling of how Atlantic City casinos are giving back this holiday season:
Bally's Atlantic City
- Community Food Bank of New Jersey: Bally’s Atlantic City delivered Thanksgiving-themed food items to the Community Food Bank of New Jersey during the Canned Food Drive by Bally’s team members.
- Salvation Army Thanksgiving Dinner: Bally’s Atlantic City supported the Atlantic City Salvation Army for their 2023 Thanksgiving holiday event on November 22. Bally’s provided food, chefs and servers to help with the annual Thanksgiving Dinner for our local friends in need.
- Deck the Hall Festival of Trees for CASA: Bally’s Atlantic City joined the Festival of Trees to support CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) assisting children in foster care, serving Atlantic, Cape May and Camden Counties. As part of the sponsorship, Bally’s has a themed holiday tree on display at Boardwalk Hall.
- Toys for Kids Foundation: Bally’s guests and team members donated toys to Toys for Kids Foundation.
- Key Spouse Foundation: Monetary donation to the Key Spouse Foundation to support the families of Airmen who are deployed from Atlantic City.
- American Red Cross: Bally’s hosted the American Red Cross on November 30 for blood donations from Bally’s Team members.
- Adopt a Family Program: Bally’s teamed up with the Salvation Army to help provide gifts to local families in need during the Holiday season.
- Adopt an Elder Program: Bally’s teamed up with Preferred Care of Absecon to help provide gifts to some of their residents who are without family and friends during the holiday season by providing some holiday cheer and gifts from their wish lists.
- Angel Tree: Bally’s joined with the Salvation Army to help provide gifts to local children in need during the holiday season with our Angel Tree. The Angel Tree contained Angel tags with a child’s name and wish list, and Bally’s team members helped brighten their holidays.
Borgata Hotel & Casino Atlantic City
- Borgata is dedicated to making a positive difference in the community and believes the spirit of generosity knows no season. Throughout the year, Borgata actively engages with the Atlantic City Boys & Girls Club, fostering a solid and lasting partnership. In addition to our holiday activities, such as Cookie Decorating and Gift Wrapping with the Club, our ongoing support includes mentorship programs, educational initiatives, and other activities to create positive experiences for our community's youth. Earlier this year, Borgata presented a $25,000 financial donation to the Boys and Girls Club to celebrate Borgata’s 20th Anniversary.
- A Season of Thanks to Our Community at Thanksgiving
- This Thanksgiving, Borgata continued its commitment to veterans' outreach by spending meaningful time with 50 local Coast Guard cadets at the American Legion post 352 in Somers Point on Thanksgiving Day. As part of our ongoing efforts to express gratitude and support for those who have served, this initiative aimed to foster connections and celebrate the holiday spirit with the next generation of service members.
- We are thrilled to mark the third consecutive year of celebrating Thanksgiving with the Absecon Lions Blind Center. This tradition holds special significance as we come together and enjoy the delectable feast prepared by Borgata’s incredible culinary team, adding an extra layer of warmth and joy to our shared moments of appreciation.
- Borgata’s commitment to supporting the Community Food Bank goes beyond the holiday season. Since 2020, the Community Food Bank has been the beneficiary of a monthly collection of customer-donated slot tickets, and the year-to-date donations stand at an impressive $17,755.99, a testament to the ongoing and heartfelt generosity of Borgata patrons.
Caesars Entertainment's Atlantic City Resorts:
- Winter Coat Drive: From November 18 through December 18, Team Members participated in a winter coat drive benefiting Sister Jean's Kitchen and Pantry by donating warm coats, scarves, gloves, and hats throughout the month.
- Community Food Bank Thanksgiving Food Drive: On Saturday, November 18th, Team Members participated in the Community Food Bank's annual Thanksgiving Food Drive at both the Mays Landing and Ventnor City locations.
- Salvation Army Thanksgiving Dinner Distribution: On Monday, November 20th, Team Members helped distribute Thanksgiving dinners to families in need with the Salvation Army.
- Salvation Army Breakfast with Santa & Holiday Gift Distribution: On Saturday, December 16th, Team Members volunteered to assist with Breakfast with Santa and participate in a holiday gift distribution for children in need.
- Salvation Army Angel Tree: Caesars Atlantic City, Tropicana Atlantic City, and Harrah's Resort teamed up with the Salvation Army to provide gifts for local children and struggling families this holiday season.
- Boys & Girls Club of Atlantic City: On Friday, November 17th, Harrah's Resort and Tropicana Atlantic City teamed up to present the Boys & Girls Club of Atlantic City with a donation of $6,269.83 at Tropicana's Tree Lighting Ceremony. The Salvation Army's Kettle Bell team was also present at the Ceremony.
- Holidaze at Tango's Lounge: A portion of the proceeds from each drink sold at the brand-new holiday pop-up experience, Holidaze at Tango's Lounge, will be donated to the Salvation Army from November 26th - January 1st.
- The Arc of Atlantic City: The Arc of Atlantic County offered gift wrapping throughout the holiday season in The Quarter with all proceeds benefiting the Arc.
- The 177th Foundation: Caesars Entertainment's Atlantic City Resorts will be donating $3000 toward the shipping costs of 330 holiday care packages that will be sent overseas to National Guard soldiers in the 177th Fighter Wing. In the New Year, students from our adopted schools will participate in writing Thank You cards to the soldiers for their service.
Golden Nugget Atlantic City
- Employee Family Movie Night: Golden Nugget hosted an employee family movie night featuring Polar Express where employees enjoyed cookies, popcorn, hot chocolate, gift and gift card giveaways and a visit from Santa!
- Deck the Hall Benefiting CASA: Golden Nugget sponsored a holiday tree at Boardwalk Hall benefiting Court Appointed Special Advocates of Cape, Atlantic and Camden Counties.
- Career Opportunity Development Inc: Golden Nugget will donate and serve a gourmet luncheon to CODI, Career Opportunity Development Inc to celebrate the holiday season.
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City
Hard Rock Atlantic City celebrated the holiday season with its “12 days of Giving” campaign, with the resort gifting over $100,000 to local organizations, true to its mission to “Love All- Serve All.”
- Community Food Bank of New Jersey - Operation Help: On Nov. 21, Hard Rock Atlantic City hosted an event for Operation Help benefiting the Community Food Bank of New Jersey with Longport Media presenting a $10,000 donation to support food-insecure families in the South Jersey area.
- Salvation Army: Hard Rock Atlantic City partnered with Atlantic City Salvation Army for their 2023 Thanksgiving holiday event. Hard Rock provided supplies plus a team of volunteers to assist with serving this traditional holiday meal.
- Deck the Hall Festival of Trees for CASA: Hard Rock Atlantic City participated in the annual event to support the Court Appointed Special Advocates of Atlantic, Cape May and Camden Counties. Trees decorated by sponsors of the event will be on display now through December 31 in Jim Whelan Boardwalk Hall.
- Holidays with Heroes with Police Activities League of Egg Harbor Township & Atlantic County: On Dec. 2, over 150 local children and families in need were treated to a holiday shopping experience. Hard Rock volunteers served breakfast to children before their shopping experience. Children were also treated to an exciting parade of emergency service and military vehicles.
- ARC of Atlantic County Adopt-A-Family Program: The resort presented gifts on Tuesday, Dec. 12, to 13 adopted families and provided holiday wish list items to children and adults who receive services from the ARC of Atlantic County.
- Live to Serve Toy Drive: On Dec. 19, toys and clothing collected were donated to Live to Serve, a local non-profit organization assisting single mothers in Atlantic City with providing gifts to their children this holiday season to brighten their holidays.
- Veterans Haven South: On Dec. 11, Hard Rock Atlantic City proudly donated $25,000 to Veterans Haven South to help provide the services needed to support local veterans, showing gratitude to Veterans for their selfless sacrifice and dedication to our country.
- The Atlantic City Leaders in Training (LIT): Hard Rock presented a $20,000 donation to support Atlantic City LIT, which empowers youth in Atlantic City by helping them learn career and life development tools.
- Atlantic City Rescue Mission: A $25,000 donation was presented on Dec. 15, to assist with their goal in providing basic needs to those experiencing homelessness in Atlantic City. The AC Rescue Mission is the largest provider of services for the homeless in southern New Jersey.
- Chicken Bone Beach Historical Foundation: The resort presented a $5,000 donation to the Chicken Bone Beach Historical Foundation to benefit the organization’s Jazz Institute.
- St Christopher’s Hospital for Children: On Dec. 18, Hard Rock Atlantic City made a special visit to St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children in Philadelphia. In partnership with Kelly’s Kidz, hundreds of toys and clothing items collected were donated to children and their families receiving treatments at the hospital.
- Atlantic County Toys for Kids Toy Drive: On Dec. 19, toys collected throughout the holiday season were donated to Atlantic County Toys for Kids to be distributed to children at local hospitals.
Ocean Casino Resort
- Community Food Bank of New Jersey: Participated in Operation Help with Scott Cronick on November 13.
- Adelaide’s Place: On November 21 we provided Thanksgiving Lunch and winter coats to women at Adelaide’s.
- MudGirls Studio: On November 21 we provided winter coats to individuals at MudGirls.
- Salvation Army: From November 1 through December 8, Ocean team members purchased toys for children from the Giving Tree. Each child provided three gift wishes on the Angel tags. In total, Ocean casino sent over five van loads of toys, bikes, clothes and gift cards for children in need. In addition, on December 16, Ocean provided breakfast for The Salvation Army’s Breakfast with Santa Event and team members will be volunteering at the event.
- Ocean Team Member Winter Drive: Through New Years, team members are donating hats, gloves, scarves and socks to be distributed to Adelaide’s Place, AC Rescue Mission and AMVETS 911.
- AMVETS 911 in Somers Point: In addition to benefiting from the team member drive, Ocean is also donating toiletry kits and winter coats to this Veterans organization.
- Center for Family Services: Ocean is donating 100 duffle bags to the Center for Family Services as part of the Duffle Bag Project. The Duffle Bag Project helps provide teens and young adults living in our homes with a sensible means of transporting their personal belongings as they transition back to their families or to another caring home. Many times, children and teens come to the Center with Family Services with just the clothes on their backs. While in our care, we provide them with life's essentials, a safe place to live, a warm bed, clothing, and new sheets and towels so they can focus on healing and moving forward.
- Boys & Girls Club: Ocean is supporting a coat drive this holiday season.
- Arc of Atlantic County: Ocean is providing $1,000 in gift cards for their clients through the Holiday Partners Program.
- Holidays with Heroes: Ocean sponsored the thirteenth annual Holiday with Heroes. On Saturday, December 2nd the Police Activities League of Egg Harbor Township & Atlantic County treated 150 local children, with families in need, to a holiday shopping experience. First responders, military, law enforcement personnel and volunteers assisted children with their holiday shopping, free of charge. This year, these “heroes” will also visit local hospitals and Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
- Atlantic County Toys for Kids: Ocean provided monetary sponsorship and toys for the third year in a row.
- Oceanside Family Success Center: Ocean sponsored a community workshop on December 7. Families came in for a night of gingerbread house building and decorating. Also providing toys.
- AtlantiCare Pediatric Unit, Atlantic City: Ocean is providing toys, games and blankets for children in their pediatric unit during the holidays.
- Avanzar: Ocean is providing for their residents and program clients items from their wish list---hoodies, toys, gift cards, shoes.
- Covenant House, Atlantic City: Ocean is providing bed-in-a-bag sets for their residents as well as hoodies. Serving lunch on December 19.
- South Jersey Field of Dreams: Ocean is providing gifts for their players to be distributed during their Night of Lights holiday light display event on December 9.
- Ocean Cares Campaign: Ocean team members have selected (4) organizations to receive a $1000 donation.
- Change for Change Program: Ocean provided quarterly disbursements throughout 2023 to The Covenant House, The Salvation Army, South Jersey Field of Dreams and AC Rescue Mission.
Resorts Casino Hotel
- Resorts Casino Hotel hosts an employee toy drive each December for the Atlantic County Chapter of Toys for Tots. Over 100 new toys are expected to be collected. They also sponsor the variety show, Swing into Christmas by providing the Superstar Theater free of charge. It’s a night of seasonal songs performed by a lineup of Atlantic City’s Greatest Stars! The show has been held at Resorts for 10+ years and admission is free to anyone that brings a new, unwrapped toy. All the collected gifts are donated to Toys for Tots and the show is considered their largest event in southern New Jersey.
- Resorts sponsors the Annual Polar Bear Plunge, “Freezin’ for a Reason” every New Year's day. Proceeds from the event raise funds for the Cancer Support Community at Gilda’s Club. Resorts also donates 250 event branded long sleeve tee shirts that are sold to raise additional funds.
- Resorts is collecting slot cash voucher donations for the Atlantic City Salvation Army through the holiday season. The chapter offers both church and social services to those in need who live in Atlantic City, Brigantine, Longport, Margate City and Ventnor.
- Every holiday season Resorts implements Operation Christmas Spirit where departments adopt team members who have financial challenges. Team members provide a list of gifts their child would like to receive, and Resorts does their best to purchase the desired items. This year 10 team members applied with a total of 20 children to adopt.
About the Casino Association of New Jersey
The Casino Association of New Jersey (CANJ) is a trade organization that provides a collective voice for the Atlantic City casino industry by facilitating the exchange of information and ideas between our industry, small businesses, Atlantic City stakeholders and the general public. The CANJ consistently advocates for legislation and initiatives that support the ongoing revitalization of Atlantic City into a world-class destination resort. A thriving casino industry drives economic growth, job creation, increased tax revenue for state and local budgets, and prosperity for city residents, hardworking families and businesses which rely on the casinos for their livelihood. Our goals are simple: protect and grow the tens of thousands of jobs the casino industry supports across New Jersey and continue Atlantic City’s transformation into a world-class destination resort. For additional information, please visit www.casinosnj.org
Download Related Image
Photo Credit: Casino Association of New Jersey