Back to AC Stories
Top Places for an Indoor Getaway
What’s the best way to escape the winter blues? Do an indoor getaway in Atlantic City! The great thing about winter in AC is that visitors have a reason to stay inside and do AC’s legendary spas and relax by the pool. Everyone still gets to enjoy AC’s breathtaking ocean views — but now they can do it in cozy comfort while shopping, dining or lounging at dozens of oceanfront venues throughout the city.
A spa weekend in AC is a must. Spas account for almost half of TripAdvisor’s list of most highly-recommended activities for Atlantic City — in any weather. With all these fabulous options the hardest decision will be where to start.
- Caesar’s Qua Baths and Spa, a luxurious and relaxing Romanesque retreat, features Roman Baths in three different temperatures. Spa guests are invited to experience the healing power of water, as well as take advantage of Qua’s extensive list of salon and spa services. For the ultimate girls’ weekend, ladies can take advantage of Caesar’s special “Girlfriends Getaway” room and spa package.
- The award-winning Red Door Spa at Harrah’s is a state-of-the-art sanctuary, featuring 23 spas treatment rooms and a full menu of signature spa and salon services. Couples can try the Red Door “suite escape spa package,” featuring an 80-minute couples’ massage plus an intimate half hour in a luxury suite with jacuzzi and fireplace.
- Borgata has two awesome spas: the stylish Toccare spa, and the stunning Immersion Spa at the Water Club, which features panoramic views along with exotic treatments. Both offer seasonal and monthly specials as well as room packages.
- At Bally’s Salon and Spa — a sumptuous, full-service facility — patrons get to enjoy a free day of decadent relaxation in Bally’s pool area, complete with seven Jacuzzis and awesome ocean views.
- The Spa and Salon at Golden Nugget, rated #3 by Tripadvisor on its list of things to do in AC, offers unique “24-Karat” treatments, as well as a full fitness facility, sauna and steam room.
- Resorts Health Club and Spa, a tranquil haven featuring specialty massages, also includes a full fitness facility, sauna and steam rooms, and a pool with sweeping ocean views.
- The Blue Mercury Spa, in Tropicana’s Havana-themed Quarter, is part of a fast-growing national spa chain known for its relaxing, results-oriented treatments and innovative beauty products.
After the spa, visitors can find even more relaxation poolside…unless they prefer to party by the pool instead! In AC, everyone can find the perfect pool to fit their mood:
Resorts, Tropicana, and the Sheraton Hotel also offer posh and relaxing indoor pools for guests.
- Borgata’s lush and relaxing indoor pool is open daily to hotel guests. Borgata Water Club guests can also swim laps while looking out on incredible views at the Immersion Spa Lap Pool, or lounge by the infinity-edge dipping pool in a mini tropical paradise with palm trees, an intimate bar and two Jacuzzis.
- For hot days and steamy nights a la Spring Break, the place to go is The Pool at Harrah’s. This immense, glass-domed oasis, complete with bikini-clad servers, is a guaranteed good time. Lounge by the pool, splurge on a private cabana with flat-screen TV, or treat yourself to a pool-side massage. Non-hotel guests can also join the party by purchasing a day pass or going to The Pool After Dark on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, for hot nights of dancing with DJ Pauly D (of Jersey Shore) or nationally-known guest DJs.
- Bally’s expansive tropical indoor pool area, complete with seven jacuzzis, lit fountains, and fabulous oceanfront views, is open to guests of Bally’s and nonguests for a fee. Racquetball and basketball courts are also available.
What’s the best thing about an indoor getaway in AC? Everyone can redo it — again and again — whenever they’re looking for the perfect escape.