The Casino Reinvestment Development Authority has been recognized with numerous awards for its dedication in promoting the Atlantic City region though a variety of methods. Below is a list of awards received–ranging from top gay destinations to best beach boardwalks– that highlight Atlantic City as one of the top family vacations in the Northeast.
- Atlantic City earned a spot in the ranks of top gay destinations when it took the second spot on “Top Five Up and Coming Gay Destinations” list by GayTravel.com, an online travel magazine dedicated to the GLBT tourist. Coming in at number two on the list, the city is becoming one of the top gay destinations because of a variety of new nightlife, musical theatre debuts and chart-topping entertainment.
- The world’s premier music publication, Billboard magazine, has published its “Year in Music” issue that includes accolades for 2010, and Boardwalk Hall has been recognized as the top grossing mid-sized arena in North America.
- ACCVA/Greater AC GLBT Alliance won 2011 NJ Governor’s Tourism Award of 2010 for Atlantic City's Miss’d America Pageant
- Atlantic City’s historic Boardwalk has been touted by TravelandLeisure.com as among “America’s Best Beach Boardwalks”
- ACCVA won 2010 NJ Governor’s Tourism Award for 2009 Atlantic City Restaurant Week
- ACCVA website homepage won a Silver Award in the 2009 International Davey Awards, also a Silver Award in the 2009 W3 Awards, both presented by the International Academy of Visual Arts.
- Atlantic City has been ranked among the Top Ten Golf Cities in America by ForbesTraveler.com.
- The Atlantic City Airshow, one of ten winners selected to receive a 2009 Governor's Tourism Award.
- The Atlantic City Boardwalk, dating from 1870, is among the best beach boardwalks in the nation according to ForbesTraveler.com’s list of the “10 Top American Boardwalks.”
- The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) presented the ACCVA two prestigious Adrian Awards on behalf of its New York City public relations agency, Lou Hammond & Associates, during the awards ceremony on January 28, 2009:
- ACCVA won a Gold Adrian Award in the category of Feature Placement/Print Consumer Newspaper for a story placement in the August 2, 2008's edition of the Wall Street Journal.
- ACCVA won a Bronze Adrian Award in the category of Marketing Program/Consumer for multiple placements positioning the revitalization of Atlantic City.
- The ACCVA has been honored with an Outstanding Achievement in Internet Advertising Award for its 2008 holiday leisure campaign. The 2008 Atlantic City Holiday Stay & Play campaign was entered into the 2009 WebAwards on behalf of USDM.net Interactive Agency, the ACCVA's outside Internet Marketing partner.
- 2009 Award of Distinction for the AC web site, atlanticcitynj.com by the 15th Annual Communicator Awards presented by the International Academy of the Visual Arts.
- The Atlantic City Boardwalk was listed as one of the "10 Best Boardwalks" by the Fine Living television network, further strengthening its reputation as one of the best beach boardwalks in the world.
- Hotel & Resort Insider placed Atlantic City at the top of their list of "Top 5 Gambling Destinations Beyond Las Vegas."
- Sherman's Travel included Atlantic City in an international list of the "Top 10 Gambling Getaways."
- Billboard magazine named Boardwalk Hall the top-grossing mid-sized arena in North America.*
- Venues Today magazine ranked Boardwalk Hall as the top-grossing mid-sized arena in the world for 2008.
- The ACCVA was invited and accepted as a founding member of the prestigious Convene Green Alliance, a convention industry association, ased on the environmentally friendly practices at the AC Convention Center.
- Meetings and Conventions magazine awarded the ACCVA's Convention Development department the Gold Service Award.
- Successful Meetings magazine awarded the ACCVA with a Pinnacle Award.
- Meeting News magazine recognized the AC Convention Center with the 2008 Planner's Choice Award.
- The ACCVA became the first destination marketing organization in NJ to receive Destination Marketing Accreditation from the Destination Marketing Association International (DMAI).
- The ACCVA's promotional video, "Always Turned On," received a Silver Ava Award, the competition's highest award, from the Association of Marketing and Communications Professionals.
- The ACCVA's promotional video, "Always Turned On," was recognized in the 29th Annual Telly Awards with a Silver Telly Award.
- The ACCVA's newly designed web site won a MarCom Gold Award in the International MarCom Creative Awards competition, presented by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals.
- The ACCVA received a MarCom Platinum Award for its Interactive Press Kit in the International MarCom Creative Awards competition, presented by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals.
- The ACCVA's Interactive Press Kit won a Silver Jasper Award in the category of Media Relations: Media Kit, awarded by the Jersey Shore Public Relations and Advertising Association (JSPRAA).
- The ACCVA's Interactive Press Kit won a Gold Jasper Award in the Excellence in Writing category, awarded by the Jersey Shore Public Relations and Advertising Association (JSPRAA).
- Always Turned On Three-Minute Promotional Video - Silver Telly Award, Telly Awards.
- Publicity for Atlantic City Airshow “Thunder Over The Boardwalk” - Platinum Award, International MarCom Creative Awards
- Always Turned On Three-Minute Promotional Video - Gold Award, International MarCom Creative Awards
- Always Turned On Three-Minute Promotional Video - Silver Jasper Award, Jersey Shore Public Relations & Advertising
- Always Turned On Three-Minute Promotional Video - Silver Spotlight Award, League of American Communications Professionals
- Original Music, Always Turned On Three-Minute Promotional Video – Gold Ava Award, Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals
- Always Turned On Three-Minute Promotional Video – Silver Ava Award, Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals