For Immediate Release: November 27, 2012
DO AC Free For The Holidays
For the ACCVA:
Karen Martin, 609-449-7126
Elaine Zamansky, 609-449-7166
David Zuba, 609-449-7125
For Lou Hammond & Associates:
Doug Ruchefsky or Kristin Hutton, 212-308-8880
With holiday spending in full swing, Atlantic City is offering fun, exciting and free ways to DO AC this holiday season.
Everyone loves a parade and everyone can partake in the splendor as December 1st marks the return of the Atlantic City Holiday Parade. Featuring more than 50 entrants, including bands, floats, costumed characters and a special appearance by Mr. Claus himself, the parade starts at Noon at New Hampshire and Atlantic Avenues, proceeding down Atlantic and ending at Tanger Outlets – The Walk.
- Do A 3-D Sound and Light Show
Projected on the façade of historic Boardwalk Hall, “Winter Sweet” will debut on December 1st and runs every ½ hour from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. nightly. This enchanting sound and light experience dives into the magical world of winter and portrays the elegance and beauty of the season.
Note: Duality will return in the spring.
Tanger Outlets, The Walk will offer free valet parking on Tuesdays throughout the end of the year. The WAVE Garage will also be offering free parking Saturday, December 1st all day long when arriving between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m.
Various free gift wrapping opportunities are available throughout the city:
- CRDA is sponsoring free gift wrapping for shoppers parked in The WAVE Garage on Saturdays in December. Gift wrapping takes place on December 1, 8, 15 and 22nd from Noon until 5:00 p.m. Shoppers can receive the free service for up to three packages and must present a same day purchase receipt from any Atlantic City business.
- Free gift wrapping on Saturdays and Sundays in December (12/1-12/23) will be available at the following properties from 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.:
Atlantic Club - Ballroom
Bally's - Adjacent to Lobby Bar
Caesars - Exit from Pier
Harrah's - Waterfront Shopping Walkway
Revel - The Row
Showboat - Near Total Rewards in walkway
Tropicana - The Quarter
Trump Plaza – Lobby (Across from the Gift Shop)
Trump Taj Mahal - Lobby Bar
Atlantic City casinos are offering more than just exciting gaming action, delicious dining choices and hot nightlife entertainment this holiday season. In the spirit of giving, the following are free opportunities available at various Atlantic City casino resorts:
- Pop up “braid bars” will be available every Sunday in December offering complimentary sessions on the latest hair braiding trends. Also, CBS “Talk Philly” beauty contributor, Kevin Gatto will host One Minute Makeovers to demonstration how to get great runway looks in under a minute. These events will be held simultaneously in the same location.
Borgata – 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Harrah’s – 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tropicana – 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Bally’s – 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Caesars – 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Taj Mahal – 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Revel – 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Showboat – 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Atlantic Club – 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Trump Plaza – 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Resorts – 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Revel will celebrate the holiday season and more at its 1st Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony on December 1st. Revelers can enjoy the sights and sounds of festive decorations, holiday carolers and live music. The Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony takes place in the Resort Lobby at 6:00 p.m.
- The MAPS Foundation will present their annual Sounds of the Seasons at Resorts Casino beginning December 1st until December 23rd. Regional school choirs will perform in Resorts’ Grand Lobby Monday through Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., while regional dance schools will perform on Saturday and Sunday in the Ocean Tower Lobby from Noon – 3:00 p.m.
- Trump Entertainment will offer free photo opportunities perfect for holiday cards or facebook. Snap a picture inside the giant holiday gift box at Trump Taj Mahal’s Main Concourse or inside the holiday sleigh at Trump Plaza’s Jezebels Lounge.
Funded through the partnership of the Atlantic City Alliance and the Casino Reinvestment Development Authority, Artlantic is a series of creative interventions envisioned by curator Lance Fung. “Etude Atlantis” is a large scale opitcal illusion by artist John Roloff and is located at California Avenue and the Boardwalk. The second installation, located on Pacific Avenue between MLK Blvd. and South Indiana Avenue, is a culmination of designs from Robert Barry, Ilya and Emilia Kabakov and Kiki Smith.
Dante Hall Theater presents Open Mic Poetry Night on December 19th . Each poet will receive 3 minutes or 2 poems of time on the mic. The featured poet will follow the open mic and time will be allowed after for discussion of the poems. Show starts at 7:00 p.m.
Take a free tour of New Jersey’s tallest lighthouse, Absecon Lighthouse. The lighthouse’s history museum is located in the replicated 1925 Keeper’s Cottage. Exhibits include ocean life, shipwrecks, keepers and lighthouse history, local memorabilia and restoration photos. The Oil House has a Fresnel Lens exhibit. The lighthouse is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Historic American Buildings Survey, and the New Jersey Register of Historic Places.
For additional information and more ways to DO AC everyday, check the calendar of events at www.doatlanticcity.com.
The Atlantic City Convention & Visitors Authority serves as the destination's principal marketing arm, stimulating economic growth through convention, business and leisure tourism development. The Authority oversees the management of the Atlantic City Convention Center and Boardwalk Hall. The Authority is the first destination marketing organization in New Jersey to achieve prestigious Destination Marketing Accreditation by the Destination Marketing Association International.
Also follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AtlanticCityNJ.