For Immediate Release: April 27, 2009
Pet friendly Atlantic City promises a barking good time
For the ACCVA:
Michael Bruckler, 609-449-7125
Elaine Zamansky, 609-449-7166
Karen Martin, 609-449-7126
For Lou Hammond & Associates:
Emily Santos or Korin Lamourt, 212 308-8880
According to a 2008 survey conducted by TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel community, among people that own pets, 61 percent have traveled with a pet. And, 85 percent of pet owners said that when traveling with a pet, they typically travel by car.
Based on that information, it sounds like a road trip to Atlantic City is in order. If for you, traveling with Fido is the only way to go, why not consider Atlantic City? Located within a days drive to a third of the population of the United States, Atlantic City is easy escape from the everyday. Better yet, you don’t have to leave man’s best friend at home when you do so.
A number of Atlantic City area hotels accept pets, and many of Atlantic City’s unique attractions welcome you and your pet. The following are pet only hotels, pet friendly hotels, and pet friendly attractions that both you and your pet will enjoy during your next Atlantic City vacation.
For more Atlantic City information, call the Atlantic City Convention & Visitors Authority at 1-888-AC-VISIT (228-4748) or visit http://www.atlanticcitynj.com.
Pet Only Hotels
Atlantic City Pet Hotel & Grooming, 547 N. Trenton Avenue, Atlantic City, NJ. Atlantic City Pet Hotel is located within blocks of Atlantic City’s attractions and casinos. It is a licensed kennel and Atlantic City’s only 24-hour pet hotel. Once your dog is a guest, visit anytime from 9 a.m.-6 p.m., and take him or her with you to visit many of Atlantic City’s attractions. http://www.atlanticcitypethotelandgrooming.com.
- With two refrigerators, a broiler oven, and microwave on premises, the Pet Hotel will accommodate whatever menu your pet is accustomed to, and it can be served heated, grilled, chilled, or broiled.
- Bottled water-only is served daily
- Each dog receives four individual walks: morning, early afternoon, dinner time and evening. Plus, playtime and exercise (with your permission).
- Baby's Special: any size dog from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. is only $20
- Overnight stays: depending on the size of your dog – starting at $25-$35 per night, with large gated individual areas.
- Cats are only $20 per night
- Transportation: Atlantic City Pet Hotel will pick up and drop off your pet at your hotel in Atlantic City
- Reservations are recommended in advance to guarantee your space. For reservations or more information call 609-348 8660 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pet Friendly Accommodations
Knights Inn, 531 Absecon Boulevard, Absecon, NJ. Located just 10 minutes from Atlantic City, Knights Inn features 27-inch televisions with HBO, hairdryers, microwaves, refrigerators, complimentary wireless internet, continental breakfast and business services. http://www.luxuriousinns.com.
- Dogs need to be crated
- Up to 30 pounds weight limit
- $34.50 fee each night per pet
- For more information or to make reservations, call 609-407-1919.
Ocean City Mansion – A Bed & Breakfast, 416 Central Ave., Ocean City, NJ. Located just 20 minutes from Atlantic City, Ocean City Mansion is a bed and breakfast featuring smoke-free rooms with private baths, balconies, fireplaces, and Jacuzzis. The property is open year round and features massage services, high speed wireless internet in all rooms, and of course, hot breakfast served daily. http://www.ocmansion.com.
- Dogs do not need a crate but must be flea free and a non-obtrusive barker
- No extra charge for pets
- For more information or to make reservations, call 609-399-8383 or e-mail email@example.com.
Pomona RV Park & Campground, 536 South Pomona Road, Pomona, NJ. Located just 10 minutes from Atlantic City, Pomona RV Park and Campground features shaded campsites that can accommodate the biggest of “big rigs,” with picnic tables, fire rings, water, electric, full sewer hookups, and free cable and wireless internet. The park also features a swimming pool, hot tub with Jacuzzi, and a wide range of planned activities for both children and adults. http://www.pomonarvpark.com.
- Pets of any size are welcome
- No restrictions except basic rules of cleaning up after your pet
- Dogs must be leashed
- For more information or to make reservations, call 609-965-2123 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ramada Atlantic City, 8037 Black Horse Pike, West Atlantic City, NJ. Conveniently located on beautiful Lakes Bay overlooking the Atlantic City skyline, Ramada Atlantic City isonly 1.5 miles from Atlantic City's famous beaches, Boardwalk and casinos.The gold key award-winning property features well-appointed rooms with individual climate control, remote control television and AM/FM clock radios. Amenities offered include complimentary continental breakfast, shuttle service to Boardwalk and casinos with a charge, and complimentary parking.http://www.ramadaatlanticcity.com.
- Pet Fee: $15
- Up to two pets allowed with hotel permission
- Up to 75 pound weight limit
- For more information or to make a reservation, call 609-646-5220.
Residence Inn by Marriott Egg Harbor Township/Airport, 3022 Fire Road, Egg Harbor Township, NJ. The Residence Inn by Marriott is an all suite hotel located near the Atlantic City International Airport. Suites feature fully equipped kitchens and comfortable living rooms with free high-speed Internet access. Property also includes daily complimentary hot breakfast, indoor swimming pool and fitness center, guest laundry, and business center. www.marriott.com/aiyeh.
- Accepts pets of all sizes
- Limit of up to two pets
- One time per stay $100 pet fee that is non refundable
- For more information or to make reservations, call 609-813-2344.
Residence Inn by Marriott, 900 Mays Landing Road, Somers Point, NJ. The Residence Inn by Marriott is an all suite hotel located between exciting Atlantic City and Ocean City. Suites feature fully equipped kitchens and comfortable living rooms with free high-speed Internet access. Property also includes daily complimentary breakfast buffet, complimentary Evening Managers Reception (Tuesday-Thursday), and complimentary parking. www.marriott.com/aiyac.
- Accepts pets of all sizes
- One time per stay $100 pet fee that is non refundable
- For more information or to make reservations, call 609-927-6400.
Royal Lodge, 553 E. Absecon Boulevard, Absecon, NJ. Located just 10 minutes from Atlantic City, Royal Lodge is a fully renovated motel with 24 spacious guest rooms featuring 27-inch televisions with 90 digital quality channels including HBO, microwaves, refrigerators, hair dryers and free wireless high-speed internet.
- Pets allowed: dogs, cats, birds, and any reptiles
- No restrictions on size or weight
- Pet charges: varies from $14.95 to $19.95
- Complimentary food and toys for pets are provided free of charge
- Complimentary automatic scooper and crates for pets are provided free of charge
- For more information or to make reservations call 732-397-4299.
Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, 2 Convention Boulevard, Atlantic City, NJ. The property features 502 comfortable guest rooms with Sheraton Sweet Sleeper (SM) Beds, high speed Internet access in all rooms, and The Club Lounge, accessible to Sheraton Club guests, which offers complimentary breakfast, evening hors d’oeuvres and a variety of beverages. The property also features a concierge services, fitness center, indoor pool, Boulevards Cafe and Tun Tavern Restaurant & Brewery. http://www.sheraton.com.
Sheraton Atlantic City’s Love That Dog Program
- One dog, up to 80 pounds, is allowed per room at no extra charge. Guest must sign a waiver at check-in. The dog must be accompanied at all times. Dogs are permitted in Traditional rooms only. They are not permitted in Deluxe, Club or Suite accommodations.
- Dogs will be provided with a Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Dog Bed if desired, along with a Pet Welcome Pack that provides information and supplies that are useful to a guest traveling with a dog, including a welcome letter, food and water bowls with a floor mat, two cellophane waste bags, latex gloves, and signature dog identification tags.
- A list of specialty services available through Sheraton’s Concierge Desk include: a list of local walking and sitting services with a bonded/insured providers, locations of the nearest runs and parks, contact information for 24-hour veterinarians, a list of local grooming services with same-day service, locations of local pet stores, and Hotel Associates for dog walking requests.
- For more information or to make reservations, call 866-924-8746. Guests should indicate they are traveling with their dog when making hotel reservations.
Pet Friendly attractions and events
Absecon Lighthouse in Atlantic City, 31 S. Rhode Island Ave, Atlantic City, NJ. The Absecon Lighthouse is New Jersey's tallest lighthouse. Climb the 228 steps to the top for breathtaking views of Atlantic City, and see the original first-order Fresnel Lens, first lit in 1857. The lighthouse's recent restoration also includes a replica of the Lightkeeper's dwelling, an educational museum, gift shop, Fresnel Lens exhibit in the original Oil House, and expansive grounds. Hours: September through June, Thursday – Monday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.; July and August, open every day, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. http://www.abseconlighthouse.org.
- Dogs are welcome
- Features two-acre lawn for playing
- Leashes are required at all times
- For more information, call 609-449-1360.
Bark in the Park, FirstEnergy Park, 2 Stadium Way, Lakewood, NJ. Saturday, May 9 beginning at 2 p.m. Bring your dog to the game featuring minor league teams Blue Claws against Hickory Crawdads. The game starts at 4:05 p.m. Tickets: $10 for reserved seats, $7 for the sod squad and $2 for dogs benefiting the Jersey Shore Animal Shelter. http://www.lakewoodblueclaws.com.
Brigantine Beach, NJ. Located minutes from Atlantic City, Brigantine Beach is a family-friendly destination with many attractions including the Marine Mammal Stranding Center and Brigantine Beach Historical Museum. http://www.brigantinebeachnj.com.
- Leashed dogs are allowed on the beach from October 1-May 29
- On the North-End of Brigantine Beach dogs are allowed at any time
- Leashes can be no longer than 6 feet
- You must clean up after your dog.
Dog Yappy Hours, Ocean County Park, Beach Complex, Route 88, Lakewood, NJ, Friday, June 12 from 6 -8 p.m. rain or shine. The third annual event features an evening of bonding with your dog, informal dog walks, displays, information, giveaways and demonstrations. http://www.oceancountyparks.org.
- All dogs must be leased and vaccinated
- For more information, call 877-OCPARKS.
Historic Cold Spring Village, 720 Route 9, Cape May, NJ. Historic Cold Spring Village is a 22-acre outdoor site comprised of 26 resorted historic buildings. A 19th century, open-air, living history museum located near Cape May, NJ, the village features working craftspeople in period costumes, an ice-cream parlor, restaurant and general store. It is home to several farm animals, all kept in enclosures, including sheep, chickens and a horse. Admission for adults is $7, children ages 3 through 12 are $5, and senior citizens are $6. Hours of operation are 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekends beginning Memorial Day weekend through late June, then Tuesday through Sunday until Labor Day weekend. http://www.hcsv.org.
- Pets are welcome and must be leashed and cleaned up after by their owners
- For more information, call 609-898-2300.
Historic Towne of Smithville and Village Greene, Route 9 and Moss Mill Road, Smithville, NJ, A stroll through Smithville in Galloway Township provides a quaint setting for shopping and dining, plus train rides and a carousel for the kids. It includes seven eateries, more than 60 shops, and boating on Lake Meone. Spring hours, from April 3-June 21, are Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. http://www.smithvillenj.com.
- Pet friendly historic village with shops, restaurants and special events
- For more information, call 609-646-4550.
Jake's Dog House, The Quarter at Tropicana Casino & Resort, Atlantic City, NJ. Jake’s Dog House features specialty items for your pet such as fresh-baked doggie treats at the in-store doggie bakery, an amazing selection of toys, gourmet treats and accessories. The giant red fire hydrant located in the center of the store cannot be missed. http://www.tropicana.net.
- For more information, call 609-344-0060.
Ocean City beach, NJ. One of the finest year-round resort cities within New Jersey, family-friendly Ocean City features eight miles of beautiful beaches and bay, 2.5 miles of boardwalk, fine dining establishments and a downtown shopping district with many unique specialty shops. http://www.oceancitychamber.com.
- Leashed dogs are allowed on the beach from October 1-April 30
- Hosts annual Doo Dah Parade featuring more than 500 basset hounds in April. Parade begins on Asbury Avenue, from 6th to 12th Streets and then up to the boardwalk ending at the Music Pier.
PawDazzle of Smithville, 615 E Moss Mill Road, Suite A3 in the Historic Towne of Smithville and Village Greene, Galloway, NJ. A pet boutique that features the latest in pet fashions,wholesome treats and food, toys, and pet accessories such as water and food bowls, collars and leashes, beds, and more. Pets are welcome inside and treats are provided. Visit their website for a coupon to receive 10 percent off any item in the store except food. If you can’t visit, an online store is available. http://www.pawdazzle.net.
- Hosts many special events including:
- Weiner Picnic, Saturday, May 30 (rain date: Sunday, May 31), 12 p.m.-5 p.m. Event features shopping specials for Daschund owners at participating stores, and a silent auction. Stop in PawDazzle to sign up your Daschund to receive a free gift. Proceeds benefit the Daschund Rescue and Adoption.
- Annual Costume Pet Parade, held in late October (Saturday, October 24, 2009). Pets must be registered online for a nonrefundable $5 entry donation made out to the Humane Society of Atlantic County. 2008’s event raised $684 and featured Elwood (2007’s Ugliest Dog) as Grand Marshal.
- For more information, call 609-748-7110 or e-mail email@example.com.
Pet Day, Meadowedge Park, 550 East Bay Avenue Barnegat, NJ. Saturday, May 16 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. The Third Annual Pet Day features representatives from pet stores, veterinarians, dog trainers, dog walkers, pet sitters, pet photographers, pet health care, pet nutrition, pet groomers, gourmet snacks, kennels, pet cemeteries, pet food and supplies, rescue groups including the Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue, animal shelters, crafters and more. Pet Day is presented by the Barnegat Chamber of Commerce.
- For more information, call 609-607-0022.
Red Bank Veterinary Hospital-Linwood, 535 Maple Avenue, Linwood, NJ. The hospital provides pets with 24-hour emergency and critical care seven days a week, including weekends and holidays. Medical daycare and extended-stay medial boarding are available. http://www.rbvhlinwood.net.
- For more information, call 609-926-5300.
The Atlantic City Convention & Visitors Authority serves as the destination's principal marketing arm, stimulating economic growth through convention, business and leisure tourism development. The Authority oversees the management of the Atlantic City Convention Center and Boardwalk Hall. The Authority is the first in New Jersey to achieve Destination Marketing Accreditation by the Destination Marketing Association International. The Authority is among an elite group of 47 accredited convention and visitor bureaus throughout the United States. For complete Atlantic City information, visit www.atlanticcitynj.com