Back to AC Stories
Hangover? Pamper Yourself After Pushing Yourself!
With nightlife blazing hot seven nights a week and cocktails flowing 24/7, Atlantic City, NJ is the perfect playground we all dreamed of as 21-year olds, right? Whether it's Friday, Sunday or even Monday morning, the day after doesn’t have to be filled with regret. AC offer great places to soothe a hangover, recharge and perhaps top it all off with just one more toast.
Yep, AC is the nightlife hub on the Jersey Shore, but it’s also the place for pampering with restaurants to tame your hangover, spa treatments to all but cure it and more than a few hotspots to get the party started again. Hotel packages and special offers with a range of prices make an overnight getaway an affordable indulgence.
Your critical first detoxification step – refueling. Whether it’s beer-battered French fries, a lumberjack breakfast or the best Italian meatballs this side of Mulberry Street, AC offers the perfect spot to cure whatever’s ailing you from the night before.
- Not your average pizza shop, Tony Boloney’s offers perfect combinations to stuff the stomach full of protein and carbs. The signature hangover cure “sh** faced” fries or pizza may do the trick with beer battered chicken breast and homemade honey stout BBQ sauce. 300 Oriental Avenue.
- You woke up at 12 p.m. craving breakfast. No worries Maria’s Luncheonette has you covered! Gorge on of their filling, old-fashioned breakfasts and treat yourself to a drink from their espresso bar menu. (Make it a double shot – caffeine diminishes your headache!). 2319 Atlantic Avenue (609) 347-9300.
- Local husband-and-wife team Kelsey and Kimberly Jackson own and operate three local restaurants including Kelsey’s, in Atlantic City. The combination of food, music and spirits makes any hangover worth waiting for fried chicken and waffles. 1545 Pacific Avenue.
- After crushing it at the Golden Nugget’s Haven nightclub, breakfast and burgers provided by Michael Patrick’s, also at the Golden Nugget, may be your best option. Try the crowd-pleasing two eggs scrambled with the breakfast potatoes. Huron & Brigantine Blvd.
- The half-pound meatballs at Buca Di Beppo at Bally’s are a feast for the eyes and stomach. Early risers are in luck since this is the only Buca location in the Northeast that serves breakfast. We spy a South Philly pepper and egg sandwich in your future. 1900 Boardwalk.
- At Spa Toccare at Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa mimosas aren’t only meant for Sunday brunch, they’re also an enriching body treatment. Choose this or any other facial or body massage to detox from the previous night. One Borgata Way.
- Still feeling under the weather the morning after? Relax in a private cabana by The Pool at Harrah’s Resort while ordering lunch. And later grab your friends for aquatic aerobics class, a vigorous yet gentle water-based exercise routine emphasizing balance and de-stressing joints. 777 Harrah’s Blvd.
- A unique spa experience awaits you at Caesars Qua Baths and Spa. With 15 treatment rooms, a fitness center, four facial rooms and more, the Roman baths will take you back to ancient times. 2100 Pacific Avenue.
Keep the Party Going
- Shopping. Restaurants. Nightclubs. Find all of these options under one roof at the Quarter at the Tropicana Casino & Resort. If you wake up with a hangover in the wee hours, don’t fret. The Tropicana offers in-room dining 24-7 on Fridays–Sundays. Once the room stops spinning, head to The Quarter for a cappuccino, more food options, an IMAX movie or some great people watching. 2831 Boardwalk.
- If the chances are you’re still up at 9 a.m., then a bloody Mary, a boozy blender drink or a margarita flight at Margaritaville at Resorts Casino Hotel is what the doctor ordered. (Well, actually the bartender.) Come back for happy hour for live music and relive the night one more time. 1133 Boardwalk.
Ready for your DO AC hangover cure? Visit DoAtlanticCity.com for hotel, spa and golf packages and special offers.