Back to AC Stories
Done Up for the Turn Up
GET GLAM TO SEE AND BE SEEN AT ATLANTIC CITY’S CLUB SCENE
Beauty Treatments (and a Few for the Guys) to Get “Done Up” For the “Turn Up”
It’s party o’clock and Atlantic City is pulsing with energy as glam revelers hit the town’s numerous clubs, restaurants and dance floors. But how to get that head-turning style? All around town, lux salons and spas offer dozens of specialty services and treatments that will have you looking fetch from your first cocktail to the DJ’s last beat.
These services will get you noticed. And guys, don’t worry; we have you covered, too:
- The aestheticians at The Spa at Golden Nugget will evaluate your skin tone and create a custom blended color for a golden glow with their Evolv Custom Spray Tanning system. A pre-tan PH balancing treatment and post-tan moisture lock will help you keep that sun-kissed shimmer without all that sun damage.
- Take one pair of stilettos, add in a few hours on the dance floor and the result could be one tired set of tootsies. Get energized with the Salon at Resorts’ Anti-Fatigue Leg Treatment, an indulgence that is both relaxing and stimulating and will keep you dancing ‘til dawn.
- Let the stylists at the Salon at Resorts add drama to your ‘do. With their tinsel or feather extensions, your style will stand out from the crowd. They’ll last through the weekend, but are easily removed when it’s time to report back to work.
- Special nights call for a special look. Round up your girls and make an appointment at Blue Mercury Resort Spa in the Tropicana for a lesson and make-up application using high-end cosmetics by Laura Mercier, Trish McAvoy and Nars that will transform your daytime beauty into the queens of the night.
- Limber up those limbs for a night of dancing with the Hot Toddy treatment at The Spa and Salon at Bally’s. Start with steaming hot towel infusion of Nectar whole milk to warm up your muscles. Then go for the glow with a bourbon and brown sugar scrub and finish it off heated stones with a warm caramel hydration.
- Your friends just called with a last-minute invite for a night on the town but don’t panic. You can still sport those hot open-toed heels. Hit up the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa at Harrah’s for their Time-Saver Pedi Refresher and in just 20 minutes, you’ll be polished up and ready to rock.
- That cute little cocktail dress shows a lot of skin but the Bamboo Lemongrass scrub at the Immersion Spa and Spa Toccare at Borgata will have you going for the glow. The 50-minute treatment blends bamboo grains with lemongrass essence to create a foaming exfoliating scrub followed by a moisturizing body lotion.
For the Guys
- Before hitting the club, sit back and let The Barbershop wizards from the Borgata work their magic. They’ll start their Signature Shave with gentle exfoliation, toning, pre-shave oil and hot towel treatment. After a straight razor shave they refresh your skin with a light facial massage, rehydrating mask and moisturizer.
- Give a toast to the masseuses at the Spa and Salon at Bally’s and their ultimate manly massage, the Whiskey Treatment. For 75 minutes, just lay back and relax as you are slathered with a spiked bourbon scrub followed by a heated honey wrap. Finish it off with a sweet cream massage and you’ll be buffed, relaxed and ready to party.
- Feel free to undo that next shirt button after a chest wax at the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa. Being oh-so-gentle, the technicians apply warmed wax and take special care as they remove it, leaving you touchably sleek and buff. Back waxing also available.
- To make a good impression, stash those kicks in the closet and bust out your best shoes. But first hit the Shoe Shine Stand at Borgata. It’s tucked away next to the Gypsy Bar on the gaming floor and their ace staff, on duty till 10 on weekdays and 11 on weekends, will buff and brush and polish for a mirror-like shine.