Back to AC Stories
Come. Sit. Stay. In AC
Fido is family, so why not bring him or her on your next vacation to Atlantic City? There are plenty of pet-friendly places to stay and things to do, so your pet will feel right at home.
For two-legged guests who want to bring their four-legged companions to Atlantic City, pet-friendly hotels and other accommodations are essential. Browse the accommodations below and note that many require advance notification and some specify the maximum weight/size of the animal allowed. Be prepared to pay a pet fee – ranging from $10-$100 per pet per night or per stay.
- Sheraton AC Convention Center invites you to bring 1 dog weighing 80 pounds or less, complete some paperwork about their pet policy, sign a waiver and review the Pet Welcome Letter.
- SuperLodge Atlantic City (Absecon) is pet-friendly with advance notice and pet fee start at $30 per pet per day.
- Residence Inn by Marriott AC Airport allows pets and charges a non-refundable sanitation fee of $100. Near parks and trails for walking and hiking.
- Ramada West Atlantic City offers some pet-friendly rooms for an additional fee of $20 - $30 per night per pet.
- Rodeway Inn (Egg Harbor Township) allows no more than 2 small pets (less than 20 pounds each) for $10 per pet per night, for a refundable deposit of $50.
- There are quite a few public and private pet-friendly campgrounds in the area. Pomona RV Park and Campground is located 10 minutes from Atlantic City and pets on leashes are welcome but owners are required to clean up after the pet and may not leave pets unattended.
Where can you take your furry friend in AC? Find some suggestions for local pet-friendly attractions and destinations below. Be sure to contact establishments prior to your visit, as policies and management may have changed.
- The Historic Absecon Lighthouse welcomes leashed dogs on the grounds and in the museum. You can take well-mannered leashed dogs to Historic Gardner’s Basin but not in the restaurants or aquarium.
- Leashed dogs are also allowed on the City of Brigantine beach from October 1 to May 29. Unleashed dogs can romp year-round at Malibu Public Beach in Egg Harbor Township. The Atlantic County Bikeway is another great place to walk Fido in Egg Harbor Township.
- The Civil Rights Garden also permits well-behaved, leashed dogs and reminds owners to pick up after them. The nearby Johnny Rockets restaurant allows friendly leashed dogs in their outside dining area.
- Leashed dogs are allowed in the open areas of the Edwin B Forsythe Wildlife Refuge, in nearby Galloway Township.
- All 17 parks in the Atlantic County Park System allow leashed dogs to accompany their owners.
There are no off-leash dog parks in Atlantic City and dogs are not permitted on the Boardwalk and beach area, except for service animals.
If your pet travels well but you can’t bring it to the events, attractions, restaurants or beaches you plan to visit, call one of the many pet resorts and boarding kennels available in the Atlantic City area. Atlantic City Pet Hotel and Grooming comes recommended–rates range from $20-$30 per day.
Where is your favorite place to play with your pet? Are there any pet events you have circled on your calendar? Let us know with your comments and perhaps we’ll share a treat with you!