Back to AC Stories
Bars on the Beach & Boardwalk Offer A VIP Vantage Point
When it’s time to take a shaded break from sunbathing or bodysurfing, or when it’s time to reconnect with friends and loved ones after sundown, an outdoor waterfront bar is never more than a few blocks away. Whether you relax with a DJ at the ocean’s edge or dance to your favorite tunes steps from the surf, water views and frozen cocktails are yours for the taking.
On the Beach
- Bally’s Beach Bar: Set on wooden planks atop the sand, the Bally’s Beach Bar rocks out with DJs and live bands that own the stage all afternoon and night, featuring food and refreshing drinks all while basking in the sun on the beautiful Atlantic City beach. The mission of the no-pretense bar is simple: to beckon overheated beach bods in from the water for a frosty mug of beer or a refreshing blender drink and some entertainment.
- Bungalow Beach AC: Nestled into a corner of the Boardwalk near Tropicana Casino & Resort at California Avenue, Bungalow serves up breakfast, lunch, dinner and hookahs in a Mediterranean atmosphere. Choose to dine indoors, outdoors or on the deck overlooking the beach. At night the Beach Bar turns into a hot nightclub with resident DJs and entertainers including belly dancers, hula hoopers and body painters.
- Landshark Bar and Grill at Resorts Casino Hotel: It’s always 5 o’clock at Landshark, the beachy companion to Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville restaurant, whose dining room and terrace bring tropical vibes to the ground floor of Resorts Casino Hotel. Built right into the sand, Landshark is the only year-round, full-service bar and restaurant on the ocean side of the Boardwalk. With an expansive deck and dining room that boasts retractable walls, live music, plus all the boat drinks and chilled bottles of cerveza one could want, there’s nary a reason to cruise on back home. If sitting on the deck does not quite complete your ocean-side entertainment experience, you can head to the newly added beach dining area and dig your toes in the sand while you eat, sip, and mingle.
- Steel Pier: Two seasonal options at the Steel Pier bring beer, spirits, food and live entertainment to the pier amusement park 1,000 feet out over the ocean. Ocean Reef Bar and Steel Pier Pub welcome patrons to linger over libations and boardwalk food as they listen to the ocean waves that surround them on three sides while enjoying unparalleled views of the glittering AC skyline.
On the Boardwalk
- Backyard Bar at Caesars: Shorts and flips flops will suffice for this backyard soiree. The Backyard Bar at Caesars is the casual hang out spot located right in the center of the Boardwalk. Enjoy cold beer buckets on sale and sangria specials while listening to a mix of classic “Jersey Shore” sounds performed by acoustic acts and played by DJs.
- Chickie’s & Pete’s Crab House & Sports Bar at Tropicana: Enjoy the full service restaurant and sports bar, including their world famous Crab Fries, either dining while watching over 50 TVs indoors or people watching on the Boardwalk outdoors. They have rooms available for private parties as well. Also at Tropicana Hooters and Casa Taco & Tequila Bar have outdoor dining.
- Harry's Oyster Bar and Seafood at Bally’s: This diverse oyster bar, sports bar and seafood house all in one (owned by the same restaurateurs who own the historic Knife and Fork Inn and the original Dock’s Oyster House) serves the ocean’s freshest fare and select land-locked dishes either inside or outside in the massive courtyard on the Boardwalk. You could enjoy a beer with a sandwich and freshly shucked oysters at the bar or get comfortable at a table for fine dining. The courtyard also boasts live music and entertainment throughout the summer.
- Robert's Rooftop at Trump Taj Mahal: Perched outside the multi-room spread that is AC’s poshest adult entertainment complex, Robert's Rooftop at Trump Taj Mahal lets patrons rent a cabana, order tropical cocktails or bottle service and gaze at the ocean from an oh-so-hot beachside day club and nightclub.
In the Marina
- The Deck at Golden Nugget: Around sundown through spring and summer, this is the place to find a jovial legion of devoted and longtime regulars, from boaters and locals to overnight visitors to the Golden Nugget. And why not? Set along the Farley Marina, The Deck merrily toasts the sunset with live cover and classic rock bands, drink specials and can’t miss Old Bay crab dip.